Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my friend's OEM Rock Rails (JKU) on Craigslist. I have a guy with the 24S package that wants to buy them, but I didn't know if he already has the large 8x1.25x10 bolts that bolt up from the bottom of the frame. Anyone know if those come on the 24S for future use, or if they are empty from the factory?

Seems like Jeep wouldn't want to leave those open since they could get filled with debris. Or am I missing something from their playbook?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Those are the body mount bolts. If they weren't there dirt in the holes would be the least of his problems.

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts
I will go out on a limb and say that those bolt holes are left empty from the factory. The rubicon rails do not use the large body mount bolts that rock rails like ace uses. The rubicon rail bolts come with the rubicon rails if you order them from Mopar. Could be wrong but best I remember my 2013 jku came from the factory without the bolts that hold the rubi rails on.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
The bolts come with the rails. That's my experience anyway. On my '13 the holes are actually extruded into the body and threaded so those threaded clips (I forgot what they're called) are not necessary. I passed on a bunch of Craigslist deals for my side steps because I kept asking the sellers if those clips were included, but they had no idea what I was talking about. I finally ended up buying a brand new pair on eBay after my buddy, who owns an off-road fab shop in Virginia, told me that I didn't need them, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts