Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
"Performance"? You mean, engine performance? No..
Might affect the handling performance a little in a negative way, although may also affect the off road performance in a positive way (slightly).

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Also if you mean does it affect performance from a MPG perspective, the answer is also yes. Then especially if you are doing the lift to allow for bigger tires :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've run the Teraflex polyurethane spacer leveling kit for over 3 years and the Jeep drives like stock as it's only a 1.5" lift and I retained the oem springs hence the stock ride that I like.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Yes, it will negatively affect handling.. A little.. Maybe.. But, a Jeep is not a Jaguar.. If you are driving in a way that handling is an issue, you may want to trade it in on a sports car..

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Do spacers effect performance? Will adding spacers to increase the lift effect the performance of a Jeep? Thanks!
Are you adding spacers to an existing lift?

Spacers alone generally keep you within reasonable geometry resulting in little or noticeable effect on handling.

If your adding them to increase an existing lift, they may very well push you into having handling issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts