Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about getting "plastic stiffeners" for Wrangler Unlimited Soft Top?

I have a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited which I recently purchased a Bestop soft top for. The left and right side at the back has extra material which Bestop told me is caused by the "plastic stiffeners" not being installed. They should have been removed from the original soft top and reinstalled in the new top. The goofballs I paid to install the new top didn't keep the stiffeners and new top "chatters" at higher speeds. Bestop thinks they may be happening because the stiffeners are missing. They told me they used to sell them buy Mopar stopped them because they're original parts. I've called Mopar (and Chrysler) and neither knows what part I'm looking for. Any ideas on part name or number?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
The plastic pieces that slide in the rear corners...I figured a new top would come with those. I know what you're talking about...not sure where you would find it...maybe daveysjeeps.com could find something.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
why would you pay someone else to install your soft top? You could have done it in 15 minutes....

I'd go back to the goofballs you paid to install the soft top and have them find your old top, and pull the stiffeners out of it. They didn't install the top properly, so you should be taking the problem to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts