Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Should I get a extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sell the Jeep

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler sport with a 3.5 inch lift and 35inch x 12.5inch tires. My Jeep has had several engine problems over the last couple years but much of it has been covered by the factory warranty. My Jeep has 46,000 miles and my current extended warranty is about to run out. I love the Jeep experience and want to keep my car but I cannot afford to keep spending a thousand dollars every few months just to keep it running. The dealership quoted me for a maximum care warranty at $3,785. Does anyone know of other good options for maximum care warranties? Additionally, what would be the best place/ best deal to go for a Jeep extended warranty?

·
Super Moderator
23,791 Posts
if you are having to spend 1000's of dollars every few months I would sell it as it is lemon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had similar problems with your Jeep or how often have you had problems with your Jeep? The dealership put in a new engine under the factory warranty and I’ve had wiring problems and miscellaneous leaks within the engine since then.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler sport with a 3.5 inch lift and 35inch x 12.5inch tires. My Jeep has had several engine problems over the last couple years but much of it has been covered by the factory warranty. My Jeep has 46,000 miles and my current extended warranty is about to run out. I love the Jeep experience and want to keep my car but I cannot afford to keep spending a thousand dollars every few months just to keep it running. The dealership quoted me for a maximum care warranty at $3,785. Does anyone know of other good options for maximum care warranties?
DO You really need Max Care? How about just Powertrain? Also check www.mopar.com/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection.html
Mopar® Vehicle Protection offers extended coverage that goes beyond your vehicle’s factory warranty.
There is an option that fits every ownership experience.
To purchase a plan or for more information, call 1-866-818-9929 or visit your local dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DO You really need Max Care? How about just Powertrain? Also check www.mopar.com/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection.html
Mopar® Vehicle Protection offers extended coverage that goes beyond your vehicle’s factory warranty.
There is an option that fits every ownership experience.
To purchase a plan or for more information, call 1-866-818-9929 or visit your local dealer.
I am looking for either bumper to bumper or a warranty that will include the engine as that is where most of the problems with my jeep has originated from. In your opinion is the mopar warranty the best deal on the market?

·
Super Moderator
23,791 Posts
I am on wrangler number 4 and have had very little warranty work and 0 out of pocket repairs. I would only get mopar read to many horror stories on any other warranties.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I am looking for either bumper to bumper or a warranty that will include the engine as that is where most of the problems with my jeep has originated from. In your opinion is the mopar warranty the best deal on the market?
IMO - yes the MOPAR is - it is a Factory Backed Protection plan registered & sold in all 50 states and any Jeep / FCA Dealer can honor.
The site is sent lists all the protectionplans offered by MOPAR.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Go online to Zeigler automotive and look at their extended MOPAR plans. They do high volume internet warranty sales and have decent prices.

Being outside the 36/36 factory presents some issues trying to get max care coverage, but if you are within the polwertrain coverage time and mileage limits they might have something to offer.

When the engine was replaced, did the replacement engine come with it's own warranty?

·
Premium Member
10,459 Posts
Considering you are lifted with larger tires I don't you will find a warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts