Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to have one of these on my old TJ and let it go when I sold it. I would kind of like to find another one but can't find anybody still selling them. Fabtech doesn't seem to make them anymore either. I know there used to be knock-off versions as well but don't know much about these. EBay hasn't been any help finding one thus far.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
don't think they are made anymore...try craigslist or put a want to buy ad up in your local 4x4 shops

I bought one for my YJ years ago... it didn't fit at all, I sent it back and got a genright bumper that fit

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't think they are made anymore...try craigslist or put a want to buy ad up in your local 4x4 shops I bought one for my YJ years ago... it didn't fit at all, I sent it back and got a genright bumper that fit
Thank you.

The problem is that I live in Southern WI and there aren't any good 4x4 shops nor much for jeep items on Craigslist locally. I am very envious of places that have lots of parts up for sale and some of the deals that guys on here get.

Thanks again for the advice I do appreciate any and all help.

·
Registered
565 Posts
what aspect of the Fabtech attracted you to it?

maybe we can find you an alternative bumper, if we knew just what part/s of that bumper you like the most

I was originally attracted to it because it looked like a pre-runner bumper and I was building my 2.5L YJ light.. finally ended up with an aluminum metalcloak bumper after I swapped the genright onto my TJ

(please excuse the 28" garage tires..but neither Jeep will fit in my small garage with the 33's mounted)

genright..built like a tank, but heavy..also has an available bolt on hoop (which I don't have)

metalcloak..lighter for sure, but not as HD as the genright..modular construction lets you add the different pieces as your budget allows

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what aspect of the Fabtech attracted you to it?

Man that's a really good question that I didn't readily know the answer to. Mainly I think that it is a bit of nostalgia for the last jeep that I let go. But, I really like the prerunner bar, that it's only frame width, the integrated skid plate.

I was just throwing it out there hoping that someone on here had one and wanted a change or had one laying around that had already been swapped out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts