Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,685 Posts
I have them on mine...they were chrome, I painted them black (previous owner had installed them). They probably wouldn't do much good. They're just cheap plastic...they'd help keep larger/light debris out of the radiator, but a branch or something would probably just bust right through without much effort required.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've had large dragon flies, bee's, hornets and one time a sparrow mashed onto my radiator. I put in the grill inserts about 2 yrs ago and i think they're great. Thet keep my radiator free of unwanted debris.

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
wwch99tj - Have you noticed any temp change in your running/idling temp? I ask as I noticed a 5-10 degree climb when I put my winch on. I can't imagine restricting radiator flow any further with the guards.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
denisbaldwin said:
wwch99tj - Have you noticed any temp change in your running/idling temp? I ask as I noticed a 5-10 degree climb when I put my winch on. I can't imagine restricting radiator flow any further with the guards.
No no temp change at all I've had them almost 4 years. They aren't really all that restrictive they have plenty of voids to let air in, here's a closer pic.

I believe these are what I have, but I don't remember them being that much tho https://www.quadratec.com/products/13131_300X_PG.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just put mine on today, just like the pic 2 posts above. Made by Drake, sold by most everyone. Mine are black.

Jeep looks better than seeing the rusty radiator. I was going to use gutter guard, but you can't get behind the grill on a TJ like you can on a JK. Looks like it will offer protection for the radiator too.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a set of the Drake Brushed Aluminum grill guards sitting under my Christmas tree...just wanting to be installed. Having a hard time getting motivated in this blustery Michigan wintery weather that has just hit us. Supposed to be 46 degrees on Friday, hopefully I'll be installing mine then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.