Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably going to sign on the dotted line for a 2013 rubi tomorrow, it has the 4.10 was wondering if i just need a lift kit for the 35" tires or does other stuff need to be replaced also?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Some "kits" will require longer sway bar links; some will require longer shocks, etc. Depends on what brand kit you buy. Some may require longer brake lines; or relocating them at least. You may need to go with wheels that have less back spacing, like 4.5" or less; or wheel spacers.
May have to trim pinch and rubi rails? Lots of variables here!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Chances are that if you buy a good lift kit it will come with all the extra parts.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
A good lift kit and wheels with proper backspacing and you shouldn't have issues.

A bad lift kit and you'll be likely to chase issues for a couple of years until you either trade the Jeep in frustration, crap yourself from the fright of deathwobble, or rip out the old lift and install a good one, selling the bad lift to somebody on the black&white forum...

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
A good lift kit and wheels with proper backspacing and you shouldn't have issues.

A bad lift kit and you'll be likely to chase issues for a couple of years until you either trade the Jeep in frustration, crap yourself from the fright of deathwobble, or rip out the old lift and install a good one, selling the bad lift to somebody on the black&white forum...
Just wondering what would you consider a bad lift kit and which ones you would consider good? Considering do a lift sometime in the next year but for now am just in the info gathering stage. I have a 2012 JKU completely stock.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Just wondering what would you consider a bad lift kit and which ones you would consider good? Considering do a lift sometime in the next year but for now am just in the info gathering stage. I have a 2012 JKU completely stock.
A good one has the links and brackets included; tells you ahead of time to get shocks or includes them. Has springs that will work with your mods (bumpers/winch/etc).
Some companies have various levels, like Teraflex.

Spend the money once. You'll thank yourself later.

Some of my favorites are AEV and Rock Krawler.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
A good one has the links and brackets included; tells you ahead of time to get shocks or includes them. Has springs that will work with your mods (bumpers/winch/etc).
Some companies have various levels, like Teraflex.

Spend the money once. You'll thank yourself later.

Some of my favorites are AEV and Rock Krawler.
Thanks for the Info:thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
how much does a good kit cost installed?
Depends upon the total height and manufacturer. You can get a 2.5" lift to fit 35's from AEV for $900. You can get higher lifts from other companies for far less, if you REALLY want to go with cheap lift kits. I'm looking at the AEV 3.5" for $1600. Research the lift you want for YOUR needs and then look for best price. I'm with HillDweller AEV and RockKrawler have been at the top of my list with Terra Flex third.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Great kit. I've had it on for a month now after upgrading from a TF BB, much better ride on the road, feels more planted overall, and it performed great on my most recent wheeling trip. Although many also buy the control arm drop brackets, I recommend against them if you plan to wheel frequently, they drop the control arm around 2" and it will come into contact with basically everything offroad. Just get some new control arms if you feel they are needed.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
Great kit. I've had it on for a month now after upgrading from a TF BB, much better ride on the road, feels more planted overall, and it performed great on my most recent wheeling trip. Although many also buy the control arm drop brackets, I recommend against them if you plan to wheel frequently, they drop the control arm around 2" and it will come into contact with basically everything offroad. Just get some new control arms if you feel they are needed.
Good to Know:thumb:. Will this also level my Jeep or do I need a leveling kit for this as well?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Yeah, I'd get control arms with it too.

·
Registered
823 Posts
mackdj1 said:
Good to Know:thumb:. Will this also level my Jeep or do I need a leveling kit for this as well?
Yes, it will level the Jeep. Around 3" in front and 2.5" in the rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts