Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a rear window for my trektop nx. Looks like it's going to be about 121 and some change. I was wondering if they offer a discount for members I forgot to ask when I was doing the online chat.

Also, wondering if anyone has a nice one they have laying around they can send to PA for under 121? I googled the part number 498.69P and came up with like two results. :pcwhack:

·
Registered
402 Posts
The trektop nx glide, right? The slanted soft top?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I dont think its the glide, it is the slanted soft top. The soft top part number I have is 56922-17, which I don't think is the glide.
Most normal soft tops use zippers. If yours doesn’t use zippers and instead uses seams to hold it together then it’s a glide I believe

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most normal soft tops use zippers. If yours doesn’t use zippers and instead uses seams to hold it together then it’s a glide I believe
Yeah thats what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure. Mine does zipper, so probably not the glide.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah thats what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure. Mine does zipper, so probably not the glide.
Yea you don’t have the glide then. I ask because I literally just got a replacement rear window from bestop in the mail two days ago. I was gonna send you the old one I replaced (has a small tear along the stitching), but clearly that would not work.

What’s wrong with your window exactly?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The zipper on the window portion is missing a few teeth. The guy I got it from on ebay is paying for a new one (he advertised it as new) but I just thought I'd try to save him a few bucks but doing a little research 1st.

·
Registered
937 Posts
you betcha. the whole issue is a bit of a hassle but very nice of you to help....he must have test fit the window to have it miss teeth????

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you betcha. the whole issue is a bit of a hassle but very nice of you to help....he must have test fit the window to have it miss teeth????

I'm wondering if he bought it, installed it and didn't like it or something, than passed it off as new. Everything looked brand new. The brackets were scuffed like they were used, but the side windows and top looked brand new. The rear window however had its issues. The zipper teeth and there was a slight scuff on the rear window. (Which I knew about, that issue was in the listing) I sent him an email asking about the rear window, and he said get a new one and he'll refund me. So since he was so nice, I want to do what I can to save him a few bucks. So far, no luck. I wonder if bestop is only letting other companies sell the entire window kit. Cause I cannot find just the rear window ANYWHERE!

·
Registered
937 Posts
gotcha - that is a tough one. you might have to phone bestop direct. I've rarely been burnt on ebay but when it happens it is time consuming. hope it all works out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gotcha - that is a tough one. you might have to phone bestop direct. I've rarely been burnt on ebay but when it happens it is time consuming. hope it all works out.
Bestop does have one. Just wanted to see if I could get a cheaper used one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts