Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up in some other thread where someone was asking which model they should buy.

I'm just curious...

Does Jeep Canada ever add limited edition models to their lineups? I know I saw some Willy's models on the lot and I bought an X, so I know the "limited edition" models are sold here. They just don't seem to put any effort into marketing them as anything different than their standard offerings.

In the US, they promote them as entirely separate models. You can see the current ones here: Jeep | Limited Edition Models | Jeep Off Road 4x4s

For my own part... I bought a Wrangler Unlimited X but according to everything I got with it, including the window sticker, it's a Sahara with a bunch of options, even including some "Sahara badge delete" option. I found that one particularly amusing.

I'm completely new to the Jeep scene so maybe this is just how things are done. It seems like they're missing out on a lot of opportunity though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
All those different packages are only different trim configurations with different wheels, bumpers and stickers and coloured trim pieces etc. When it comes down to it most the special edition Wranglers I have seen on numerous dealer lots sell very swiftly or are sitting there collecting dust. You have to want to spend the additional $4,000-$7,000 to get those packages. That money can buy a lot of better quality after market parts. The dealer I bought from had one 2 door Willy's Wheeler and one 2013 10A Rubicon Unlimited on there lot last September when I bought my wife her 2014 Sahara and they managed to sell the WW and the Rubicon was still sitting on there lot. They wanted over $50k for the 10A JKUR. I was actually going to factory order a 2015 JKU Sport S last August, but I was waiting since the beginning of the summer to see the new Tank colour and decided to get the Anvil instead. I was hoping the green would have been darker like the early model year Wranglers. Colour was the most important factor to me. I could not live with some of those bright colours for to many years. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, but isn't the difference between a Sport and a Sahara and a Rubicon just different wheels and bumpers and coloured trim pieces etc?

I just don't understand why they stand alone as trims in the US but not in Canada.

Funny about the colours. I specifically wanted something bright and fun. :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Not promoted in Canada, well, at least not in Nova Scotia. I learned about the special editions on this forum.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sure, but isn't the difference between a Sport and a Sahara and a Rubicon just different wheels and bumpers and coloured trim pieces etc?

I just don't understand why they stand alone as trims in the US but not in Canada.

Funny about the colours. I specifically wanted something bright and fun. :)
Dealers in Ontario are lucky if they get one or two each in any given model year. If you have a 2014 or 2015 Wrangler brochure from the dealer it shows what every trim configuration from a base Sport model to Sport S and Sahara and Rubicon models, they never show Special Edition ones. It is different in the USA way more people way higher demand also. I personally don't care about the special edition ones to me there just a bunch of stickers and trim changes. Oh and bright colours, I have owned a few vehicles in my time which had very funky bright colours and after 4-5 years of ownership I am about ready to :puke: looking at them.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
And you cannot factory order a "Special edition" jeep either. The dealers get what they get.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a bizarre system! It jives with what my SA told me though. He said they just showed up that way.

You'd think they'd sell a lot quicker if people knew about them and went to seek them out.

They had an X Edition at the Toronto Auto Show and my SA was saying that after that, they've been trying to get all the ones they could from surrounding dealers because suddenly they're in demand.

I imagine we snapped ours up just in time or we probably wouldn't have got the price we did.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The price is what ever is on the window sticker less factory rebates. When we bought our 2014 Sahara Unlimited last summer there was $3,500 worth of rebates from Chrysler plus 2.9 % financing. I also got below family pricing, the dealer owner is a friend of the owner of the dealership I work at and he has already sold my brother a 2012 Wrangler. I told him if he gave me a good deal on the JKU I would buy all my other future Jeeps from him also. He gets 1 or 2 special edition Wranglers every time the new model is released but his franchise has been around for a real long time, I think since the 60's.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no idea what factory rebates might be available. Unless you're referring to the ones they list on the website, which seem bizarre to me. It's the same there now as when I was looking to buy mine. You configure what you want and there's a $2500 discount applied right off the bat. It says "Consumer Cash Discount (Applied before taxes). Why not just show the price as being $2500 less? Or do they add that back in before giving you a better rate on financing... thus making that better rate not actually a better rate? :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have no idea what factory rebates might be available. Unless you're referring to the ones they list on the website, which seem bizarre to me. It's the same there now as when I was looking to buy mine. You configure what you want and there's a $2500 discount applied right off the bat. It says "Consumer Cash Discount (Applied before taxes). Why not just show the price as being $2500 less? Or do they add that back in before giving you a better rate on financing... thus making that better rate not actually a better rate? :D
Your right the rebate is shown on the Jeep site and that is applied at time of sale and comes off the price before taxes. The interest rate is what Chrysler offers for in house financing it came from the Royal Bank that's who my dealer deals with for financing. The bill of sale reflected all my discounts and showed the 2.9% financing. No gimmick just that simple! If you are happy with your Sahara X and got your entitled discounts and listed financing rate you did good! The folks down south of us don't always get the same discounts as we do, different situation down in the US. Just enjoy your new Wrangler and don't forget to WAVE to other Wranglers you pass while driving.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep... always waving. :)

Incidentally, I got a better price than just the listed discounts on the website. I mean... if Jeep is offering discounts across the board, then really that's just part of the MSRP in my mind. I considered that my starting point. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Last September we went to look at a Wrangler and our dealer had one, only, new '15 JKU Altitude with the birdbath hood and all the goodies on it. It had everything we wanted, so we traded our '14 Cherokee immediately. But those are limited editions and most Canadian dealers only get one. If you want one of the specials, you really have to check around or, like we did, just get lucky! Ted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts