Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
They only add value if the person you are adding the mods for, or the person you plan on selling your Jeep to, values them. Merely my own $0.02.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Like they said, they only add value to your enjoyment. When you go to sell, the lift will be seen as an excuse to say you abused it going off roading, like a super charged car was abused with speed, etc, etc, etc.
Sometimes it can work out, if you keep all your recipients and you have a lawn full of vehicles in great shape to prove you are a car lover and take care of them. Yes, your Jeep has dings and scratches from lovingly taking her offroad, as thats what yer supposed to to, the lift was installed right, as was the electric fan and switch to turn it off when fording a stream, etc. The right person may be willing to pay what you've put into it, but it almost NEVER happens, which is why sports cars and toys are called money pits. You never get out what you put in... Unless its a '71 Stingray, lol, thats a solid investment

·
Registered
132 Posts
Agree. Id say more times that not, to a buyer mods = more room for error whether it be installation issues, cheap parts etc etc.

So I'd say moding is not a value added process. But of course I'm sure there are exceptions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like they said, they only add value to your enjoyment. When you go to sell, the lift will be seen as an excuse to say you abused it going off roading, like a super charged car was abused with speed, etc, etc, etc.
Sometimes it can work out, if you keep all your recipients and you have a lawn full of vehicles in great shape to prove you are a car lover and take care of them. Yes, your Jeep has dings and scratches from lovingly taking her offroad, as thats what yer supposed to to, the lift was installed right, as was the electric fan and switch to turn it off when fording a stream, etc. The right person may be willing to pay what you've put into it, but it almost NEVER happens, which is why sports cars and toys are called money pits. You never get out what you put in... Unless its a '71 Stingray, lol, thats a solid investment
Thank you to all for the great feedback. Just need to find someone to fall in love with my jeep. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts