Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger side valve cover has an AB at the end of the part number, is the the part number for the head itself or the valve cover? My engine build date is July 26 2012 and mfg date on the jeep is August 2012. Is there anywhere else I can check the part number on the head itself?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
look at the driver side valve cover fromm the fender near the brake booster. Right at the bottom of the head just above the exhaust there is a metal stamp. Its behind the steering column. The first line is the build date in julian. 2072 and higher (the trailing 2 is the year) is an AC head.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You've got an AC head. Sorry it was 206 or higher. Here's the original note:

Case Number: S1209000022
Release Date: 10/16/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Identifying Service Replacement Cylinder Heads
Diagnosis:
3.6L cylinders have been improved for durability by upgrading the valve seat and valve guide material. In order to verify that the latest upgrade is incorporated in to the cylinder head received from service parts verify the part number and Julian build date of the cylinder head
Part Number- RL141353AC or higher - left side head
Part Number -RL141352AD or higher– right side head
And a Julian build date of 2062 (206th of 2012) or higher .The build date is stamped on the outboard side of head at the center just below the rocker cover sealing rail

·
Registered
197 Posts
You've got an AC head. Sorry it was 206 or higher. Here's the original note:

Case Number: S1209000022
Release Date: 10/16/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Identifying Service Replacement Cylinder Heads
Diagnosis:
3.6L cylinders have been improved for durability by upgrading the valve seat and valve guide material. In order to verify that the latest upgrade is incorporated in to the cylinder head received from service parts verify the part number and Julian build date of the cylinder head
Part Number- RL141353AC or higher - left side head
Part Number -RL141352AD or higher– right side head
And a Julian build date of 2062 (206th of 2012) or higher .The build date is stamped on the outboard side of head at the center just below the rocker cover sealing rail
What do you make of this number ('13 JK with Aug build):

A2591

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
What do you make of this number ('13 JK with Aug build):

A2591
You sure you're reading it right? That date would put your head a year older than the vehicle. Actually. That might mean you have a rebuilt head from an early 2012 build. That's a shocker. Using remanufactured heads in brand new jeeps!!

here's my replacement head stamp:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I checked again (my 4th time) and my numbers are correct and I'm looking at the same plate as the one in Blastek's image.

However the format looks different. Blastek's numbers look raised. Mine look engraved.

Anyone know what the "A" in the first line means?? If the 4th character is year then mine say's 9???

What do lines 2 and 3 mean?

Hope we can get some other members reporting what they see. This is interesting.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked again (my 4th time) and my numbers are correct and I'm looking at the same plate as the one in Blastek's image.

However the format looks different. Blastek's numbers look raised. Mine look engraved.

Anyone know what the "A" in the first line means?? If the 4th character is year then mine say's 9???

What do lines 2 and 3 mean?

Hope we can get some other members reporting what they see. This is interesting.
Are you sure you're not looking at them in a mirror? Your numbers all seem backwards.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have 2013 JKUR.
Manufacturer date of the vehicle is August 2013.
I have head number 2242B.
Can someone tell me is this the newest head ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have a 2013 with an AB on the passenger cylinder head. Does this mean I'm screwed?
all parts end with two letters. Usually AA because most parts don't get revised. The AB sticker that you can see on the passenger side head is the part number for the plastic valve cover. This isn't related to the part number for the cylinder head, which is not visible on the passenger side because the exhaust blocks it.

Nothing to fear.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts