Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the pinch seam (and Rubi Rail) need to be cut to put 315 Duratracs (@34.4") on a Stock 2013 Rubicon unlimited? How about with an AEV 2.5" Lift?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a generally accepted concensus on this topic. Some have not cut theirs and are fine. Others, myself included, had tires very close to the pinch seem even on the smallest amount of up travel. I'm running 35" GY MTRs (actual diameter is 34.5")

Before:

After (ignore the red lens flare):

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'm running 315 duratracs on a 3.5 inch lift and have had no need to cut my pinch seam. When it flexes the rear tires seem to go backwards, not forward so it's all good in my land.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Stock, most definitely.

With lift, you may be able to get by without having it done if you just go for mild to moderate wheeling.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,
Seems like there is rarely a generally accepted consensus. If there was we would probably all have the same rig.
Did you remove the rubi rail to make the cuts?

There doesn't seem to be a generally accepted concensus on this topic. Some have not cut theirs and are fine. Others, myself included, had tires very close to the pinch seem even on the smallest amount of up travel. I'm running 35" GY MTRs (actual diameter is 34.5")

Before:

After (ignore the red lens flare):

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. I guess I should get this done before my ACE rock sliders are delivered.

if you air down and disconnect, yes.
I'm running 315 duratracs on a 3.5 inch lift and have had no need to cut my pinch seam. When it flexes the rear tires seem to go backwards, not forward so it's all good in my land.
Stock, most definitely.

With lift, you may be able to get by without having it done if you just go for mild to moderate wheeling.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Did you remove the rubi rail to make the cuts?
Yes, you would need to remove the rock rails before trimming the pinch seam. I don't see a way to get at it without doing so. Furthermore, with the rock rails off they're also much easier to trim. It was just a couple hour evolution for me doing it by myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts