Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a tj driver and will never change. My wife has a 12 liberty and is thinking about getting a jk. I just want to know if they handle the same .

·
Registered
427 Posts
Liberty is more car-like than the Wrangler. The Wrangler has a slightly harsher ride but it's nothing like the older Jeeps. Jeep did a good job isolating the noises and vibrations over the years. You'll get some wind noise if you go with the soft top. My grandmom could drive one everyday no problem.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have an 09 Liberty and a 89 YJ trail jeep. I love both of them. The Liberty rides well but with the trail package is still very trail worthy. It basically has the same axles set up as a JK, dana 30 and 35 but does not have the ground clearance. That said I have driven over 8" logs in the snow with absolutely no problems. I have driven in the snow extensively with it and have never had chains on. Three weeks ago I was in Clavares County trout fishing and I was driving on forest serives roads with the Liberty in the snow, mud and rocks and made every road I drove. There were a couple of times I spun one wheel or another but over all I had a ball. While not a Wrangler a trail rated Liberty will do more than one would think.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
khende said:
I have an 09 Liberty and a 89 YJ trail jeep. I love both of them. The Liberty rides well but with the trail package is still very trail worthy. It basically has the same axles set up as a JK, dana 30 and 35 but does not have the ground clearance. That said I have driven over 8" logs in the snow with absolutely no problems. I have driven in the snow extensively with it and have never had chains on. Three weeks ago I was in Clavares County trout fishing and I was driving on forest serives roads with the Liberty in the snow, mud and rocks and made every road I drove. There were a couple of times I spun one wheel or another but over all I had a ball. While not a Wrangler a trail rated Liberty will do more than one would think.
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all JKs are coming with d44 rears now.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
The Liberty handles and drives very different...in a better way. When I traded my Liberty CRD in for a 2011 JKU it took some getting used to for sure.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Nothing handles quite like a JK, and that's a good thing.

A Liberty feels much more car-like and is more relaxed and feels far more stable than a Wrangler.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I traded a 06 liberty for 2013 jku, I also agree the liberty is more car like. The jku has quicker steering. So it takes some getting used to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts