Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My doors were unlocked, and they didn't take anything. They did it just to be a prick! This ever happen to you guys?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
CDennyRun said:
My doors were unlocked, and they didn't take anything. They did it just to be a prick! This ever happen to you guys?
Nope but if it did they better never let me find out who did it.

That sucks man.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is why I have solid doors and the back windows are zipped off...
Yeah, I've been looking for hard doors, and maybe a hard top if I can find a good enough deal. Problem is, I'm just about to drop $1500 on a new motor and clutch, so funds are low! Ha ha

Nope but if it did they better never let me find out who did it.

That sucks man.
Yeah, I'm a pretty nice guy, and normally like to solve things rationally, but if I catch the person that did this, they will be in bad shape for a while. F-ing with someones vehicle is crossing a line in a big way, in my opinion!

Hasnt happened yet... Seems like you took all the precautions we can (unlocked, no valuables). Sorry it happened to you!
Thanks! Thing is, I actually had a couple expensive tools in there and some personal info. I accidentally fell asleep on the couch and didn't unload it! I suppose that makes me a pretty lucky guy in the end:thumb: My favorite saying is: When things decided to bad, they went good! Ha ha

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No they left the windows alone and did a nice scratch job on the paint instead.
Oh that sucks man! Sorry to hear it. I'll never understand how people rationalize that in their head. Hope you catch them!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Has not happened to me yet, the last guy to break into my jeep had the courtesy to unzip my windows before he rummaged through my basically empty interior. I wasn't even that mad, just a part of the Jeep life I guess.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has not happened to me yet, the last guy to break into my jeep had the courtesy to unzip my windows before he rummaged through my basically empty interior. I wasn't even that mad, just a part of the Jeep life I guess.
I love it...The polite thief! Ha ha

Show you just how stupid they are in the begining
Precisely!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hasnt happen to me but I know of guys where their was cigarette burn holes in windows.
That's screwed up! I'll knock on wood for ya man!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm the same as most of you, I don't keep anything worth value in my jeep. Maybe a phone charger and a lighter at most. I'm more worried with my soft top on that someone will steal my full doors.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I never thought about that... Someone could walk away with them in seconds. I can't believe that's not a bigger issue.

·
Administrator
30,785 Posts
Right now the hot commodities for theives are catalytic converters, truck tailgates and jeep doors. Do yourselves a favor. 1st call your insurance agent and have your comprehensive dropped to 0 deductible (cost me about 20 more per year). Then lock your doors. This way if windows/top are slashed, replacements cost you nothing and having your doors locked makes it a lot harder for someone to steal them.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hmmm....let me think about this for a few seconds,

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Auto part

Of course the door wasn't locked, never is.
Next time, try the handle first!!! :mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right now the hot commodities for theives are catalytic converters, truck tailgates and jeep doors. Do yourselves a favor. 1st call your insurance agent and have your comprehensive dropped to 0 deductible (cost me about 20 more per year). Then lock your doors. This way if windows/top are slashed, replacements cost you nothing and having your doors locked makes it a lot harder for someone to steal them.
Not a bad idea actually!

I believe they make an actual lock for the hinges on the doors. Tuffy I think.
Good to know!

Hmmm....let me think about this for a few seconds,

View attachment 178168

Of course the door wasn't locked, never is.
Next time, try the handle first!!! :mad:
Stupid people do stupid things. Sorry they got you too man!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
New upper skins are $120 a pair.
The role of tape I used was six bucks and has held up well in the elements.
Surprised that it was labeled 'Clear'. I sure can't see thru it. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha ha ha! I probably won't replace the skin till I move out of the area. I'm not shooting for aesthetics here! Ha ha

1 - 20 of 49 Posts