Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bracket on the track bar doesn't look right. The bracket is hitting the shock.
It's not supposed to be bent right? I removed it and tried to bend it back but no way lol... I would remove it but I only have one shock in the rear right now since the mount broke off. Not sure if it helps or not having it on there with only one shock. I'm trying to fix that asap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
No, its not supposed to be bent like that.

You can leave it off. Most guys here do just that. See how it feels driving it. If you notice an unwanted amount of squirreliness when pulling out into traffic, get a new mount. If you don't notice anything, leave it off.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, its not supposed to be bent like that.

You can leave it off. Most guys here do just that. See how it feels driving it. If you notice an unwanted amount of squirreliness when pulling out into traffic, get a new mount. If you don't notice anything, leave it off.
Thanks DREDnot, I will do that, that would be an easy fix then lol. I don't think they sell that bracket, I kinda looked for one on the net. One shock in the back makes no difference then? Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
not really for lateral stability, but all around stability and drivability suffers with all the pogo-ing going on. Fix that shock mount

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Eventually you will also crack the tub. I had the same size cracks, exactly the same dIstance from the wheel well on both sides.Ran mine for farm use without shock towers for a couple years...plus it handles like a shopping buggy on the hard top...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Sorry bad post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts