Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local guy bought a 2012 Sahara with Dual top and he wants to sell me his never used Premium Soft Top. Does this look like the correct top for my Jeep? 2013 Unlimited. Anyone have an exact parts list to compare so I ensure I get all parts?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
looks right but make sure you get the brackets off his roll bars.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I thought the Premium Soft Top just came out in 2013?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which brackets would those be? This was never installed. would the brackets still be on the Jeep? Any pics of these brackets?

looks right but make sure you get the brackets off his roll bars.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
Which brackets would those be? This was never installed. would the brackets still be on the Jeep? Any pics of these brackets?
If it was part of the duel top option then the brackets that hold the soft top to the rear roll bars will still be attached to the roll bars. I bought a brand new premium top (2013) and the owner had to remove the brackets. Just look at your roll bar and you will see slits in the padding and 2 tapped holes on each side. that is where the bracket mounts and that is where they are on vehicles that have the dual top option.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Yup, as others explained, you should get two boxes, the rolled up top (with the window bar inside of the roll) and the two brackets. If it was a dual-top option, the brackets were already installed on the original Wrangler. Two bolts for each bracket and they come right out. Get the brackets AND the bolts from the current owner.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great. Thanks guys. Anyone have a pic of what these brackets look like? What kind if bolts hold these in (what tool removes). Getting top in about an hour.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Again, as Big Fran said, the premium top did not come out until 2013.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
Great. Thanks guys. Anyone have a pic of what these brackets look like? What kind if bolts hold these in (what tool removes). Getting top in about an hour.
they are held in place with two torx screws on each side and then two bolts hold the soft top bracket to that bracket. do a google search of soft top roll bar bracket and you should find some photos. They will be obvious when you see them bolted to the roll bar.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
Again, as Big Fran said, the premium top did not come out until 2013.
I wonder if the difference between 12 and 13 premium is the spring assist or is it also the nicer material? mine is a 13 with spring assist and nicer twill.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I wonder if the difference between 12 and 13 premium is the spring assist or is it also the nicer material? mine is a 13 with spring assist and nicer twill.
There is no premium top in the 12s at all. No nicer material and no spring assist. It's just a regular soft top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts