Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Tj Wrangler with stock tires and suspension,
I have 33" BFG mud terrains on 5x5 JK rims, with 5x adapters.
The lift is a standard pro comp 2" lift with shocks and springs with 1" spacers.

I went to a 4x4 parts chain store in Tucson AZ and was qouted 325$ on installing the lift and tires and alignment. Or 225$ for just the lift install without tires

Does this price seem legit or fair to you experts here at wrangler forum?

I don't have the tools such as jack stands and floor jack to do it myself, and I am not sure I would trust my work on the trail.

·
Registered
623 Posts
People here are going to tell you to take the time to learn and do it yourself, but in the end, if you feel like you just don't have the mechanical knowhow, $325 doesn't seem horrendous. There's a shop near me that wants $700 for any lift installed over 2". That's absurd.

I'm going to install my own lift when I get it and I know NOTHING about cars. Spend some time looking over these boards and get familiar with the ins and outs and think about doing it yourself. For $300 you could get some nice tools, jack stands, etc. and have that stuff for life.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's a really fair price. But fellow forum members convinced me to install my own 2" lift. Glad I did too. Doesn't take too long if you have the proper tools. I was done in under 4 hours, never having done a lift before. I'm always short on time, but managed to squeeze it in one afternoon. Maybe you could too?

·
Registered
238 Posts
That is a good price. Like mentioned before, you could buy some tools and do it yourself. You would then have the tools for future projects.

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
That's a good price, I got quoted 1700 including the lift, which was a 600 buck lift so 1100 in labor all before taxes, so instead I'm waiting to buy a far better lift and do the work myself, I'm not great at doing my own work but I rather learn to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts