Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to mount my MagLight clips on the seat rails of my '13 Rubicon but found they now covers the seat tracks with plastic. I viewed several other pictures of '13s on this site and didn't see any of this trim on the seat tracks of other Wranglers. Does yours have it?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't think I have them in my 13, but I will have to check. I have one of the first off the line though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
My 2013 Sahara 2 door has them. It was a mid August build. I'm not sure if it matters or not but I have the heated seat option.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Same here, no plastic on my JKU Sahara. Wonder if they would fit, hmmm...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine is a 2013 JKR, mid September build date, and mine has the plastic covering over the seat rails.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
It might be a 2-door thing because my 2012 2-door has it and my wife's 4-door doesn't.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Aren't the two door seats spring-loaded? You pull the handle, the back folds forward and the whole seat slides forward, in order for some one to climb into the back. I take it the 4 door just slides back and forward as a seat adjustment, and the back rest can be moved forward for seat adjust ment. Not the hole one hand move forward deal the two door has?

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's probably because 2 door seats have the easy entry mechanism. Perhaps it looked unsightly or created a pinch hazard that necessitated trim to cover it up.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Can someone with access to both a 2-door and 4-door confirm if the piece would fit a 4-door?
I have both, when I have some free time I'll take a look. I'm still cleaning Sandy's mess.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts