Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 JK 4 door that I just recently bought. The electronic throttle control light keeps coming on and then goes off? What cause that? What is the fix?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not that i know of. i have only had it for 3 weeks. the only thing that has changed is the tire and rim size. i went from the stock 16" rims to the 18" rubicon rims with larger tires.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine does it too. I posted something about it a few weeks ago. It's really annoying. Does your CEL come on as well and the temp gauge goes dead?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I don't know if changing the tires that little would change the toe-in (alignment) that much. Is the steering wheel strait? Does the jeep pull to ineside or another?

·
Registered
182 Posts
mine kicked on last night after i had been out playing in the snow for about an hour or so. i disco'd the battery and gave it a min to reset the computer. i have been reading up on it some and it seems to be a common issue with the JK's. if you find a fix please do share

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i went to the dealership yesterday and asked about it. i was told that because i put the larger rims and tires on the jeep, at higher speeds it kicks that light on because the speedometer is not calibrated for those tires. supposedly, they can go in a do something in the rear end and it will not trigger that light.

@ Nairb 87, that sounds like a completely different thing but with the same light.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
i went to the dealership yesterday and asked about it. i was told that because i put the larger rims and tires on the jeep, at higher speeds it kicks that light on because the speedometer is not calibrated for those tires. supposedly, they can go in a do something in the rear end and it will not trigger that light.

@ Nairb 87, that sounds like a completely different thing but with the same light.
Yours or the Jeeps? :whistling:

Are you confusing the ETC light with the ESP light? They are two completely different things. The ETC has nothing to do with lift and/or tires. That would be ESP. ETC is electronic throttle control. FWIW your speedometer would be adjusted electronically through your OBDII port not anyone's rear end. You can do it yourself with an AEV Procal.

If it is your ETC, this information is directly from the owners manual:

Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Light​
This light informs you of a problem with the
Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system. If a
problem is detected while the engine is running,
the light will either stay on or flash
depending on the nature of the problem. Cycle the
ignition key when the vehicle is safely and completely
stopped and the shift lever is placed in the PARK
position. The light should turn off. If the light remains on
with the engine running, your vehicle will usually be
drivable; however, see an authorized dealer for service as
soon as possible.
If the light continues to flash when the engine is running,
immediate service is required and you may experience
reduced performance, an elevated/rough idle, or engine
stall and your vehicle may require towing. The light will
come on when the ignition is first turned ON and remain
on briefly as a bulb check. If the light does not come on
during starting, have the system checked by an authorized​
dealer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
@ Daggo66
I did what the manual said and it worked for about 3 days. Now the problem is coming back at random times. The light will flash for a minute or so and then goes off. Go figure I can't get ahold of the dealership to get a tech to look at it

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 ETC Light

I also have the same issue. The light is intermittent. It will also accellerate kind of rough and make like a rubbing sound.

·
Registered
386 Posts
had this problem when I first got my 09. Dealer tried twice to fix, no bueno. I bought a flashpaq and did a tow tune on it, NO ETC since.:beerme:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts