Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have to admit I don't drive much, only 16k miles so far. Prior to getting some stuff done to my jeep I never noticed this but now, after getting a lift done, 35s and new wheels I'm hearing my JKUR "whistle". I only hear it when driving 10-20 mph around my neighborhood, and I have to have to be relatively closed in so I get the feed back with the window down. It's after acceleration and lifting off - lol I hope I'm not crazy but if something is wrong I want to fix it asap.

BTW - no I did not get it turbo charged!

Forgot to mention this is with a 3.6 auto

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
256 Posts
Do you have a light bar installed? When I had mine up top of the windshield it would whistle at low speed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine sounds like one window is partially open, except when the windows are open. I swear it is quieter to ride in with the top down. The windshield header weatherstripping is old and compressed on one side, and does not completely seal at the passenger side. It whistles with the top up, but doesn’t leak. And, I’m too lazy to replace the weatherstripping when the vehicle doesn’t leak. I’m trying to avoid the adage of, “If it ain’t broke, fix it until it is...”

·
Registered
849 Posts
Mine whistles but it is not mechanical. It's the windshield ever since I had it replaced last.

If they are not installed perfectly they whistle. I have ignored it, I need to replace it again now so hopefully it will go away.

If you are sure it is mechanical I would start with popping the serpentine belt off and spinning everything by hand to see if a bearing is going out.

·
Registered
2010 JK
330 Posts
I've got a bit of a whistle that sounds a bit like a vacuum leak. It runs fine, so I'm leaving it for now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a bit of a whistle that sounds a bit like a vacuum leak. It runs fine, so I'm leaving it for now.
This is what I was wondering about.. not sure how to test or what the implications are if bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts