Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure thought they used to, my Pioneer NEX doesn't receive radio signals as good as the stock Alpine, I am now on the fringe.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I thought so. I think I even bought one years ago for my Jeep. Most not have been a popular seller if they discontinued that length

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought the 13" from Antenna X and it did not work. Zero AM stations, reduced number of FM and they had static. Returned for refund. Anyone found a shorter antenna that really works?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 13" worked fine for me for years with the original HU, but not aftermarket. The antenna x 24" am/fm/cb had good reviews but it appears discontinued. QT currently has a 24" am/fm/cb with great reviews and has a quick disconnect but it's pricey. With a shorter antenna you will always be compromising signal strength. I see a lot of 50 cal bullet antennas for sale but I don't think they would be useful for someone that listens to FM. I'm going to stick the stock one on temporary to see if it's the antenna or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts