Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty convinced to get a nice canvas cover with side panels to cover the cargo area floor, sides and up the back of the back seat. My issue is that we tend to leave the back seat down a lot and now the back of the front seats get a good covering of german shedder fur on it.
So I am thinking of maybe getting a nice set of front seat covers, (or nice covers for just the back of the front seats), but there does not seem to be a good option.

So far I've seen people go both ways on neoprene for dog hair. And the fit/look of them is great, but even if they are easy to get dog hair off - I live in central texas and i'll end up with swamp ass through most of the summer.

I haven't found any good solution yet. Maybe if there was just a canvas cover for just the back of the front seats that I caould find that would work. But so far nothing good to be seen.

·
Registered
705 Posts
What about the Bed Tread liners? This is what I am going to replace my carpet with vis a vis Siberian Husky.... CG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look good as well. The bed of the jeep isn't the issue though. It's the back of the seats themselves. They get covered with fur just from my pup leaning against them etc.
Hoping to find something that would help with that.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
What about the storage things that go on the back of the seats. Has a bunch of pockets.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Throw a big long beach towel over the headrest/ backs when you are going to have the dog ride along. Then you can just throw the towel in the wash when it starts getting full of fur. The weight of you sitting/leaning on the other half in the front should keep them in place.

My Jeep is naked so that usually takes care of the fur issue. Sometimes I scrape the seat-back with a squeegee.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Here is a suggestion guaranteed to work: get rid of the dog. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a husky and a set of cushion king front and back seat covers. The hair gets everywhere either way, i use a pet hair lint roller to get it off. I put a sheet in my back seat still to cover my seat covers which helps alot with clean up.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I will say since having a dog that sheds she is w me always and everywhere, at least a little bit. Lol. As I type this I brush one of hairs off my phone screen.

I just clean it as I usually clean the interior. Don't stress on it. You have a dog. You could pay to have it detailed, take one trip and hair will be started back.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same problem with the smell, especially after taking the shredders through the woods when wet. Smell only truly goes away when pulling the carpet to wash it. I don't have the seat problem because of a box I have behind the seats.

I've tried vacuums and easiest way I found was surgical gloves, get them damp and then just rub the carpet and ball up the fur. Works good enough for me.

Spring can't come soon enough to get the bike out and park the jeep so I can line the tub and put a neoprene or rubber mat in back and just throw a blanket in back when my two buddies are with me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Find a nice used TJ, they didn't have this problem. On a more serious note, you're gonna have to remove that back seat by the time your dog is fully grown. Ask me how I know :)

Wait, do you have the 2 door or 4 door? Orvis or LLBean probably have something that would take care of you. BedTred would also be a nice replacement for the carpet. I don't know how you feel about replacing your front seats, but I have MasterCraft Baja RS seats, and the back is vinyl like the TJ's seats were.

·
Registered
157 Posts
add in
trekarmor/bartact seat covers all around
+ canvasback cargo area liner with the sidewall liners
+ all weather floor mats
-------------------------------
= 95%+ dog hair vacuumed up in one pass...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts