Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the easiest way to transport my dog and luggage in my 2 door jeep when i go to the beach. This summer.

ForumRunner_20150316_195254.jpg

ForumRunner_20150316_195305.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Willys Wheeler W JKU and 1984 CJ
687 Posts
Dog, Shotgun with harness.
Luggage, in back.
?
My dog is my constant Jeep co-pilot and he a hundred-pounder.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Remove back seat and use the harness attached to the floor for the dog...or let dog sit up front and use harness for the seat belt. Assuming to the beach and luggage mean for more than a day......I would use a hitch carrier.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the girlfriend will be with (im proposing this summer) so she will eithrr ride shotgun,or in kennel.... Kidding. But the dog in the back and luggage also? I just want the dog to be comfy were going from,va to obx.

·
Registered
485 Posts
First thing I did was remove the back seat from my 2dr. Dog always goes along. I have a big plastic container that is a bit lower than the console, where I stow my gear, and I put a cushion on that. She rides right there in the middle partly on the console and watching everything.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Remove rear seat, add travel crate

4 door Jeep. You'll need it for the expanding family anyway. :) (just kidding around... get it? :rofl:)

Probably the easiest thing to do is to get a travel crate, and secure it to the floor. You can put luggage above the crate. Just don't block the ventilation. Dogs travel very well in those.

Have fun! :thumb:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4 door Jeep. You'll need it for the expanding family anyway. :) (just kidding around... get it? :rofl:)

Probably the easiest thing to do is to get a travel crate, and secure it to the floor. You can put luggage above the crate. Just don't block the ventilation. Dogs travel very well in those.

Have fun! :thumb:

Lol good. Idea

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a back seat hammock which slings between the headrests on the ffront and rear seats, available from Duluth Trading, keeps the seats clean, lets you store stuff underneath, and provides some protection for the dog from falling between the fron and rear seats

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dog in the back with luggage....if you trust the dog to ride with you up front, trust him not to eat the luggage.....weekend trip to the beach you shouldn't be over flowing...check my prior posts we bought a great cover for the rear for our 3 dogs to sit on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts