Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't want to completely hijack another thread....

Took the top down on the new JKU-R yesterday and tossed the "kids" into the back (two GSMDs). I have rarely seen them quite _that_ happy. They've been seeing me mess with the Jeep all week and were _desperate_ to get in once they realized they were going out.

Got them strapped in to a couple of the tie downs, packed The Wife in, and headed out to cruise around town a bit.

I traded in a Chevy Avalanche for the Jeep. The dogs used to love riding in the truck....but the look of pure joy on our big guy's face when he was just sitting in the back of the Jeep sniffing at the air like he had his head out the window was priceless.

I've had a hard time getting out the door without them trying to follow me since then.

Now for the question: is there any good way to roll the side windows for storage? With the two reinforced sides, it doesn't appear like they can be stored in any way other than flat....which means when we're taking the dogs out with us, the windows have to stay home (safely stored).....would love to find a way to roll and store the windows in the Jeep when we have the dogs along with.

(sorry for the picture quality....wife snapped it from her cell when they decided to lie down for a moment)

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great pic... Mine love the Jeep too... When taking the doors off and top down, they watch in the window... Then, when I come inside to get whatever I need to leave, they get all excited, one starts howling and tails are waggin a mile a minute....

·
New Jeeper
49 Posts
Didn't want to completely hijack another thread....

I traded in a Chevy Avalanche for the Jeep. The dogs used to love riding in the truck....
I traded my Avalanche too! (my 3rd one, so the trade wasn't about getting rid of the Avalanche, but about getting a Jeep!)

Now for the question: is there any good way to roll the side windows for storage? With the two reinforced sides, it doesn't appear like they can be stored in any way other than flat.
Like I said, Jeeps are new to me, but in playing with the softtop, it seems that the side panels can roll fore and aft (rather than top to bottom) The reinforced edge at the bottom will roll, albeit about 8 inches across when done. I have an old nylon tent bag that is about that size, so my plan is to roll the two (with a piece of fleece in between ) and slide the large roll into the nylon bag.
Then start working on how to anchor the pup in the jeep with the top down!

·
Registered
59 Posts
..............Then start working on how to anchor the pup in the jeep with the top down!
There's lots of harnesses out there that can attach to an anchor point or seatbelt. They will keep them safely in place during a fender bender or whatever without breaking their neck or causing other damage but still allow some freedom of movement, depending on your tether length. My pup happens to be wearing one of them in the photo.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Look for a product called the clover patch window roll. It will give you a pretty good idea. Personally, I bought a fleece blanket and I roll them up in that and put 2 bungee cords around the outside.
You lay one side down in the absolute middle, with the part that goes into the door surround at the bottom, then fold either side of the fleece blanket over the window and lay the back window down in the same direction as the side window, doesn't matter where the bottom of the window is. Then fold the other flap of fleece over it and lay the other side window with the door surround part at the bottom. and then simply roll up from the bottom and make it nice and tight. Then secure it closed how ever you want. Pretty cheap and easy.
Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts