Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am a new member to this forum.

I just put down a deposit for a lease takeover of a 2019 Jeep Sahara Unlimited. The monthlies are extremely low, so it seems to be a no-brainer. Although the vehicle is still under warranty, I still wanted to get the vehicle checked out by a mechanic before I complete the lease takeover paperwork. I just don't want to be left with any surprises that are not visible to the untrained eye. In addition, the current owner mentioned that a lot of people are able to flip the KMs back fairly easily on Jeep/Chrysler products, which made me even more skeptical about the vehicle I'm about to buy from him. Currently the vehicle has 15,000KMs. Does anyone know of a good mechanic for the Jeep JL in the Markham/Souffville, Ontario Area?

I have also heard that Jeep is quite picky with wear and tear etc when returning leased vehicles. The vehicle does not have lease insurance on it. I understand there is the Titan Protection Plan I can take advantage of. Has anyone purchased this and is it worth it? I am frequently in Downtown Toronto, so dents and dings are inevitable for me.

Thanks everyone.

Haaris.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure nobody is going to tell you how to roll your miles back, and it's probably something you should ask for since it's illegal....

I'm just trying to avoid buying a vehicle with surprises like rolled back miles...

A lease takeover is essentially a lease transfer. If someone in an active lease wants to get out of it earlier, they can have someone take over their lease. That is of course if their lease allows for that. The benefits for the person taking over the lease is they can get cash incentives from the previous lease owner and can take advantage of the downpayment/monthly payments the original lease owner already paid. Like any lease, you still have to read the fine print.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The mileage is still very low but perhaps you could get a carfax and see if there is any service history listed, it typically lists the mileage and when it was done. Could also ask where they had it serviced, they might be able to give you some additional info.

·
Retired Moderator
100,573 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts