Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting off my lazy butt and gutting the TJ to paint the floor and tub with Monstaliner. Anyone that's done this previously, did you remove the roll bars? Seems like there are a few tight spots the roller isn't going to fit in and if I remove the roll bars it should be easier. Just wondering how much of a PITA it is to get them out and back in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I'm getting the impression I will be using a brush in a lot of places. What's the consensus on radiant heat shields on the front floor boards? Or does the Monstaliner protect from heat?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have had them off for 2 years. It really doesn't get that hot. It will work fine. I used walmart shooting earplugs to seal all the seat bracket bolt holes. The more you prep, the better then end result will last. Don't bother with a green scratch pad. Just go 120 grit. If you find any rust, sand it down to bare metal and prime that spot. Clean everything down good with Acetone.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I vote for removing the roll cage to get a continuous coating.

I have seen some who did not remove them, wanna guess where the liner material started peeling first?

If you do not remove everything .... save a little material for future touch up work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts