Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my jeep for an oil change at the dealership yesterday and today I notice that when I open the door the light doesnt turn on, verified them all and they work if I turn them manually, could it been something done at the dealership? I dont mind it but im curious of what happened....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I pulled the fuse on my TJ so the dome light would not come on with the doors taken off but still works when I manually turn it on with the knob. Look for a missing or blown fuse and see if it's that simple first. It's too dark outside right now or I'd go out and tell you exactly which one it is. Hopefully it's that simple. In the owners manual there is one ( #4 ) that is called the door switch defeat. I can't remember if thats the one but I'd start looking there. ps the fuse box is behind the glove compartment. Take the door off to access it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just took my jeep for an oil change at the dealership yesterday and today I notice that when I open the door the light doesnt turn on, verified them all and they work if I turn them manually, could it been something done at the dealership? I dont mind it but im curious of what happened....
Turn the knob on the light controls. (it happened to me and I tore the Jeep apart before I noticed they were just turned off)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought you said they worked when you turned them on manually? So I thought you had already tried that. Glad you got it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought you said they worked when you turned them on manually? So I thought you had already tried that. Glad you got it.
New jeep and still getting used to it since the one prior was a 72 cj5. I thought the only way to turn it off was taking the fuse out as I seen ppl doorless with the light on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts