Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, the dome light on my 1999 TJ doesn't come on. I know that there is a circuit that runs the light, but as my hardtop is a 6 prong (off an '03) there is nothing for the circuit to plug into.

Is there anyway to complete the dome light circuit without the hardtop???

·
Registered
280 Posts
Check your fuse box behind your glovebox and I can't remember which fuse it is. Also try the dash light dimmer switch it should give the option to turn the dome light on.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Some of the wiring & connectors depend on what was originally on the jeep. Soft top/hardtop & 2 or 4 speakers. But no matter there should be at least a connector near the left roll bar base with 6 or 10 pins. What you need is a pink/white wire for power & a yellow wire that is the ground side. Those wires need to go to the dome light(s). You should not need any wires from the HT. You need fuse #4 in the block behind the glove box to complete the ground & fuse #20 in the PDC for power to the pink/white wire. The colors for the ’03 top should be the same. I think the 6 pin is only for the speakers not the dome light.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I forgot to add this info.

my jeep has the 10 pin connector. My hardtop is a 6 pin..

There is 12v power on the light, and the light bulb works, maby no ground??

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
As I said, the yellow is the ground. You have to have a fuse in the #4 slot in the fuse block. Then it should ground (& turn on) when you turn the light switch to the dome light position OR open one of the doors.

Since the plugs don't match you will have to make an adapter or splice them in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts