Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best way to disable dome lights when doors are off of 2013 JK.... I have done a search but I keep getting " A no matches found reply" Can someone help please. ........ Thank You

·
Registered
471 Posts
Pull the fuse for it. Check your manual or diagram on the fuse box. Might disable warning chimes too, like seatbelts, headlights on, etc. so just be mindful of that.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ugh, no need? The dome light comes on when the door is OPENED. With the doors off and unplugged, the computer sees the doors as CLOSED. The dome light will remain off until you use the switch on the turn signal lever to turn it on manually.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ugh, no need? The dome light comes on when the door is OPENED. With the doors off and unplugged, the computer sees the doors as CLOSED. The dome light will remain off until you use the switch on the turn signal lever to turn it on manually.
I'm not sure that he would have posted this thread if that was happening for him. Just a thought. I don't know much about the 2013 models but it's more than possible that the dome lights are operated via pressure switch on the door frame. Try and help instead of judge.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm an idiot. I didn't think it was programmed to read it like that. -- thanks Pedals2Paddles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts