Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Dometic CFX 35W and the hardwire kit. I wired the kit directly to my Spod. Question...

I want to run the PLB through the hardwire kit (and switch off and on with the Spod) and then run the fridge off the PLB 24/7. Is it possible to charge the PLB while it is running the fridge constantly?

Goal is to be recharging the PLB while driving (by flipping the switch on the Spod) while it is constantly powering the fridge. I know the PLB cut off is like 8V, so the Spod makes since because it can easily be switched on and off AND has the backup 10.8V or so switch off in case I forget to flip the Spod switch.

I am wanting a solution to where I don’t have to unplug anything and the fridge runs 24/7. The PLB being a pass through from the spod/battery that is charging while driving yet also powering the fridge while the engine is running. Anyone have insight on this?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a similar setup (except with a Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium). Note that the Dometic fridge has a low voltage cut-off at 10.1 volts.
While on trips, my fridge is on 24/7 drawing current from the Yeti. When the Yeti gets low I, flip the switch so it is charged via the Jeep power.

I would email Dometic to confirm; but I suspect the PLB can charge while it has a load.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts