Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw a sign today at the dealership saying not to use the orange rain x because it corrodes the sensor. Figured it was bs until I happened to mention it to another guy in the waiting room..was the exact reason he was there. Jeep will not warranty it. Just an FYI...for what it's worth

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Well that's nice. I just dumped a gallon of that stuff in the other day. The one for bugs right? Now I can't remember if it was Rain X brand. I think it was.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Did they leave anything to actually check the old fashioned way?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I saw a sign today at the dealership saying not to use the orange rain x because it corrodes the sensor. Figured it was bs until I happened to mention it to another guy in the waiting room..was the exact reason he was there. Jeep will not warranty it. Just an FYI...for what it's worth
Thanks for the heads up! I just bought a bottle last week at Autozone. I guess I'll see if I can exchange it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been using the stuff in both my Jeeps since 08. It's the only kind I use. Never had a problem. I also sell it and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's the stuff I always use. Probably haven't put too much through the JK yet, but 80,000 miles on an '11 GC and 50,000 miles on a '14 GC using the same stuff without any ill effects.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
There's a windshield washer fluid sensor on the JK?
Funny I was just thinking that as I read the responses after I posted. I've never had a light come on and my fluid was definitely empty. No one should need a sensor to tell them when their fluid is out...when it stops spraying, refill it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe he had a GC? Any who...just found it interesting that they had a sign posted for Chrysler vehicles not to use it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Funny I was just thinking that as I read the responses after I posted. I've never had a light come on and my fluid was definitely empty. No one should need a sensor to tell them when their fluid is out...when it stops spraying, refill it.
Same here... didn't know there was a sensor for it. Mine went empty so I dumped a gallon of the green RainX bug windshield washer fluid. Hopefully it doesn't do anything bad...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
mine doesn't have a low fluid sensor so probably ok

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
JK's don't have a low fluid sensor, but most Chrysler vehicles do have it. I've been using that stuff for years without any issues. Sometimes it good not to have an extra sensor. One less thing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I love that stuff in the winter 'cause it doesn't freeze on the windshield.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I call BS. I think it's just an out for Chrysler to avoid a warranty repair on their dime for a cheap junk sensor.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts