Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I decided tonight after putting the doors back on that I would not slide the red tabs to lock it in and, rather, just plug in the connectors. I agree the red tabs make it a bigger PITA to remove the doors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guys, does anybody know the part number and name for the connectors - I'm working on a release tool and need to buy some pig-tails for fitment purposes.

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Guys, does anybody know the part number and name for the connectors - I'm working on a release tool and need to buy some pig-tails for fitment purposes.

Thanks,
Patrick
Cool idea in theory but then you have to align the release tool up with the plug. Might be tougher to do than it's worth.

Just cut the locking tabs off. The plugs slide in/out without issue. I don't use the locking screws either. It now literally takes me less than 5 minutes to don/doff all 4 doors (7 minutes including the freedom panels).

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Even more fun (pun) when you have a Big Ass M.O.R.E. dead pedal that when the plug finally lets loose your knuckles slam into the raised holes and and you donate your skin to the cause.
Now you go for a nice ride - Naked and Bleeding. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Even more fun (pun) when you have a Big Ass M.O.R.E. dead pedal that when the plug finally lets loose your knuckles slam into the raised holes and and you donate your skin to the cause.
I go to the Austin Jeep People Polar Bear Run every year they have it - you know, doors off, winter, up and around 100s of trails, Ice Cold Water, long, wonderful weekend - at least a full pound of flesh is set free from the wrist down for soooo many unsuspecting door-dis-connecting-victims - sad really.

Yes, it's either I make a tool to do the separating or start a relief fund.

The tool sounds easier...

Part numbers, factory name of the connector, etc.???? Anything.

Remember, your info and knowledge could save a Band-aide.

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
There is definitely a joke in bad taste in there some where...

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Ah,,, you remember the pencil conducting electrical connection experiment in science class.. Yes,, graphite does conduct electricity. And it's also messy stuff. Used to be made of lead, now coal,,,
The writing element in pencils used to be made of lead. Graphite is, and always has been, a form of carbon. Two completely different minerals.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're talking about the connector for the power window switch (and similar), you don't just have to slide the slider but you have to push on the piece that goes into that latch. It's still hard, but at least it's possible that way.
I struggled for a while with this type of plug for the fender light connector. There's only enough room to work with one hand so a real pain. I finally tried something. After pulling the red tab out, I put a small screwdriver into the slot and gently pushed. That released it and it came apart with ease.

·
Retired Moderator
100,473 Posts
I struggled for a while with this type of plug for the fender light connector. There's only enough room to work with one hand so a real pain. I finally tried something. After pulling the red tab out, I put a small screwdriver into the slot and gently pushed. That released it and it came apart with ease.
View attachment 4451744
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Congrats on your Wrangler Purchase!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 JK Sahara. There is the grey tab on the bottom you have to push in. Over an hour of sweating and swearing and two bloody hands, I found that there are two red tabs on the side of the connectors AS WELL as the grey tab. Three in total on one door.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
I have a 2015 JK Sahara. There is the grey tab on the bottom you have to push in. Over an hour of sweating and swearing and two bloody hands, I found that there are two red tabs on the side of the connectors AS WELL as the grey tab. Three in total on one door.
I cut ALL the locks and tabs off all the door plugs almost 4 years ago now. No issues at all. All the plugs simply push/pull on/off. No clips or locks to play with. I can take all 4 doors off now in about a single minute.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have these plugs also and cant get them apart at all. The red tabs on the side do the slide twoards the grey connector or away from it to release? Thanks in advance

21 - 35 of 35 Posts