Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 jk on 33s with 33s and a 4inc suspension lift and my door guards are coming unglued!! Do I even need them? Ik they help with preventing damage to the door lip or w.e but does it help with keeping water out too? They r cheap to replace but if I don't need them then I don't wana spend the extra $20 for them!! I herd they r held on by 3m tape so what are you thoughts?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Just sell your 2000 JK

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
3m double sided tape will hold them just fine

"When your stupid, your whole body suffers"

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I have a 2000 jk on 33s with 33s and a 4inc suspension lift and my door guards are coming unglued!! Do I even need them? Ik they help with preventing damage to the door lip or w.e but does it help with keeping water out too? They r cheap to replace but if I don't need them then I don't wana spend the extra $20 for them!! I herd they r held on by 3m tape so what are you thoughts?
No idea what you are referring to.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
They only come equipped on the 2000 JK

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
If these are what your talking about you don't need them I removed mine long ago...

They are held on by 3m tape and are fairly easy to remove

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Yes that's what I'm talking about and my dumb autocorrect changed TJ TO JK!! My bad!!
:thumb: some of us can look over a typographical errors and continue with the questions... I saw your post count and just figured you didn't know?
when you remove the guards there is still a plastic sticker on the door sill that protects the paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts