Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put derlin door hinge bushings in and when i went to put my door back on the top pin isnt seating all the way in the hinge. What adjustments do i need to make to help this.... Worried to mess with it to much to make it worse. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Is the bushing fully inserted? Tough to tell. You may need to clean out the inside of the hinge with a round rasp so the bushing slides in there firm but non forced

·
Registered
179 Posts
Did you lightly sand and grease the pins before re-installation? If not, do so. I bet it will seat properly afterwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When removing the old inserts did the bottom hinge give you more trouble? You probably moved the lower hinge up some while knocking out the lower sleeves. Look at the bolts that hold the lower hinge to the body and see if the paint shows signs of the hinge moving. If so you can try loosening the bolts and reentering the hinge using the paint marks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sanded and greased the pins. The lower pin fits flush still, top pin just has about a 1/8" gap from being flush.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lower hinge did give me issues getting the old bushing out. I've adjusted the hinge to where it's got the top flush. But it appeared the bottom pin isnt in the right position anymore and the weather strip is now keeping the door from closing without force.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I sanded and greased the pins. The lower pin fits flush still, top pin just has about a 1/8" gap from being flush.
The size of the door hasn't changed.

Therefore, if the bottom one is flush and the top one isn't, then the hinges have moved.

Look up threads here on how to re-align them. This has nothing to do with the new bushings. It seems, as you already suspect, that you moved them by accident in the process of removing either the doors or the old bushings.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The size of the door hasn't changed.

Therefore, if the bottom one is flush and the top one isn't, then the hinges have moved.

Look up threads here on how to re-align them. This has nothing to do with the new bushings. It seems, as you already suspect, that you moved them by accident in the process of removing either the doors or the old bushings.

I think you nailed it here. Having pounded out old crusty stock liners, I am not surprised that one of the hinges has moved. I had to beat on mine pretty good to get them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts