Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closed my passenger door (full steel) this morning only to have it bounce right back to me. Latch was stuck closed, and the button to open the door from the outside was stuck in the "pushed in" position.
I managed to wiggle the latch back open enough to close the door securely, but the button is still stuck down and the door will not open (from inside or outside).
Has anyone dealt with this issue before? I did a quick search on the JK section, didn't find anything similar. Not sure how to go about getting this fixed.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Closed my passenger door (full steel) this morning only to have it bounce right back to me. Latch was stuck closed, and the button to open the door from the outside was stuck in the "pushed in" position.
I managed to wiggle the latch back open enough to close the door securely, but the button is still stuck down and the door will not open (from inside or outside).
Has anyone dealt with this issue before? I did a quick search on the JK section, didn't find anything similar. Not sure how to go about getting this fixed.
Thanks for any help
You're most likely going to have to remove the door panel. It can be done with the door closed but it might be more difficult. Door09.jpg Photo by chasinternet | Photobucket This is the older style panel but if you have a problem you should be able to find the exact attachments for an 11 JK plus. This should be the correct one: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/jk-door-trim-removal-2011-up-1331482/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts