Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catching up on some posts I've been meaning to make once I setup this account... anyway, I bought a new 2015 JKU last August and one of the things I noticed right away is the drivers side door is noticeably harder to close than the passenger door, and after really big rains, the floor in the drivers side is soaked. Did some searching on the web and see it's a common problem. My car hasn't been on the lot for more than a few days. So my first reaction is... how can Chrysler not fix a door leak problem on a model that hasn't changed in 8 years?? And what kind of car do you expect to buy brand new for 30 G's and have water leaking in???

So I took it back to the Jeep dealer. My first reaction was the service area full of customers. My second reaction is that I could almost detect their dismay at dealing with another water leak. At the end of the day I pick it up and the guy says that the door was leaning in a bit at the top and that was causing the weather stripping to buckle just enough for some water to leak by. So they realigned the door. Hard to believe because that weather stripping is like an inch thick, you'd think it would be very forgiving.

Well I go out to my Jeep and now the top of the door is no longer flush with the body. They adjusted it so it actually sticks out about 2 millimeters. The other door is perfectly flush and doesn't leak. Now we've had a few days of rain and no leaks but I'm not exactly happy with this "fix". What do you guys think? Should I take it back?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I think that your Jeep is getting revenge for you referring to it as a "car." ;)

I don't know that it makes much difference since yours seems to be a door alignment/seal problem, but you didn't mention if you have a hard top or soft top.

With my hard top, the Freedom panels make the front doors a little harder to close. With the panels off the doors close without needing extra force. As for leaks, I have none so I can't be of any help. Sorry. :(

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
if you google "jk door leaks" there are a couple videos that will come up along with others that have had a similar problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Catching up on some posts I've been meaning to make once I setup this account... anyway, I bought a new 2015 JKU last August and one of the things I noticed right away is the drivers side door is noticeably harder to close than the passenger door, and after really big rains, the floor in the drivers side is soaked. Did some searching on the web and see it's a common problem. My car hasn't been on the lot for more than a few days. So my first reaction is... how can Chrysler not fix a door leak problem on a model that hasn't changed in 8 years?? And what kind of car do you expect to buy brand new for 30 G's and have water leaking in??? So I took it back to the Jeep dealer. My first reaction was the service area full of customers. My second reaction is that I could almost detect their dismay at dealing with another water leak. At the end of the day I pick it up and the guy says that the door was leaning in a bit at the top and that was causing the weather stripping to buckle just enough for some water to leak by. So they realigned the door. Hard to believe because that weather stripping is like an inch thick, you'd think it would be very forgiving. Well I go out to my Jeep and now the top of the door is no longer flush with the body. They adjusted it so it actually sticks out about 2 millimeters. The other door is perfectly flush and doesn't leak. Now we've had a few days of rain and no leaks but I'm not exactly happy with this "fix". What do you guys think? Should I take it back?
been chasing a leak on my passenger door also had it back twice both times they said they adjusted the door and replace weatherstripping and we haven't had rain since

·
Registered
223 Posts
Could be a few reasons why your "jeep" not is leaking.

I would readjust the top so that it is on properly. If your door doesnt sit flush in the frame, try adjusting the door catch slightly in/up/down as you see fit so the door closes easily.

Then if youre jeep is still leaking, it depends where the water is coming in. If it is at the top of the door then you may need to adjust a flang at the top of of the windshield.

If water is coming in at the bottom of the door, could be coming from the foam blocks where the windshield meets the body, the bend, the foam needs to be beefed up, leak solved

:beerdrinking:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts