Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along...
This is my second year w my 2008 JK. Last Summer I ran the Jeep w the doors off and had a blast but put them back on at the end of the Summer. This year I'm still running them off the Jeep and will continue until I can't stand the cold any more...lol! You see, I'm in NH and commute to MA at 5 in the morning and temps are now in the 40-50's as the Sun is not up yet either and let's just say it is on the chilly side. I wear my heavy sweatshirt w hoodie and gloves. It's effin cold on the highway at this time but at the end of the day my ride home is sweet AND comfortable! I do have the (soft) top and windows on though as it helps. I'm going to stick it out for as long as I can and enjoy this beautiful Summer/Fall weather!
Hope everyone else does too!

·
Super Moderator
15,724 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Lava Jackets to the rescue!!!!

But seriously if you drive doorless/topless you should own at least one lava jacket. They are great even for those summer nights that get unexpectedly cool.

Also if you have a wife/significant other who is less tolerable of the cold then you are save yourself the argument and order her one. This is honestly the reason I ordered one. My wife love the jeep but tends to get cold when the top is down in the evening. So I also go myself one while I was at it, now I use it to extent topless season way longer.

*Disclaimer* I do not work for ace or have any affiliation with them, just think this is an awesome product every jeeper should own.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I left the doors off till snow when I was 18, but not so much anymore.
Love the Ace Lava jacket as well on those cool mornings

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know, perhaps the snow wouldn't stop me either, It's the cold temps when your driving on the highway 65+ as it tends to get a bit chilly.
Hey, who knows...maybe I'll leave them off right into Winter and get myself a LAVA!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts