Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2007 Wrangler Sahara and my other half was playing around with the FOB. Now soon as I get out and shut the door, it locks by itself. The buttons on the FOB don't work as far as opening it. When I go to get back in, I turn the key and open the door, the alarm goes off. Anyone have any suggestions what to do?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Unfortunately no video attachment here. Vehicle in park. Hit menu button to get to personal settings. Second choice in mine is auto lock

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
FOB sounds screwed up (fob lock button stuck on?) Try holding the UNLOCK button on the fob while closing the door (or just removing the fob battery). If it doesn't lock until you release the unlock button then the lock button on the fob is most likely stuck (or just remove the fob battery and see if it locks)

The alarm is set when you use the lock button on the fob (which is why I'm thinking it's stuck) and when the alarm is set, you can't use the key to turn it off. The alarm must be turned off with the fob UNLOCK.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Unfortunately no video attachment here. Vehicle in park. Hit menu button to get to personal settings. Second choice in mine is auto lock

I believe that's auto lock... when the jeep starts to move. The doors automatically lock when the vehicle gets up to a certain speed.
As far as a I know there is no 'auto lock upon exit' option on a jeep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts