Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the diameter/length of the hinge pins on the doors and the inner diameter of the hinge holes?

I'm looking to fab some door hangers and stuff and can't pull the doors till later this week to measure. If anyone has done this and found good material for the hinge tube or pins, I'd great appreciate info on where you got it. One guy I found used wrist pins from a piston in a motor. But there are hundreds of different sizes of those.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not sure how exact you're looking to get. These guys that fabbed their own door used a 7/16" bolt for their hinge bolt. That should be pretty close to the actual diameter of the hinge pins. I would guess that puts the actual size for the inside diameter of the hinge at 1/2".

They also show what they used as the distance between the hinges.

JeepTubes.com New Jeep JK Wrangler DIY Tube Doors - PRODUCT REVIEW

Sorry I don't have anything on the pin length. I'd go measure mine but it's still in route to be delivered to the dealer...

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that article. It's really cool. Wish jeep tubes was still around. I'd buy those tubes in a second.

I read elsewhere the size might be .415 of an inch. That would put 7/16 the closest standard size. But I think 7/16 comes out to .375 or something which is a decent size gap. .415 comes out to like 10.5 mm, but metric makes it tough to find material.

Thanks for the assist.

I'll pull off the doors this week and take a close look.

·
Registered
117 Posts
7/16 comes out to 0.4375. I found somewhere else whee hey said that a 7/16 wouldn't fit into a TJ.

But yeah, I found that trying to make my own door hangers without measuring my doors. Finally decided I'd better just wait and take my own measurements so I get it right the first time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts