Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know there's a thread already. But seems to be the common advice is to use a jack to remove stuck doors. I don't really have access to a jack so any other options. I soaked in Wd-40 already. Was able to get passenger side off but not the drivers side today. Don't wanna beat them with a hammer but will as a last resort.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I took a flat head screw driver, placed the point on the pin thing (after removing the nut on the hinge). I had my little brother pull up at the same time I hit the handle of the screw driver with a hammer. Couple hits and it popped right out. Zero issues.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Penetrant spray & use the OEM jack with some 2x4s or whatever wood you have lying around.

No pun intended

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
If u use the screwdriver idea do it from the inside so if you chip the paint u cant see it

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
Besides that who owns a jeep and no jack? Ya need a jack

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
There is usually a jack under the passenger seat or under the hood. And congrats

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Lift up on the door and swing it back and forth all at the same time.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
Lol ok ill look when people said jack for some reason I was thinking of like a shop type jack lol
I bet its there you will need to use some blocks and wood under your door

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had the same issue on my TJ, I just pulled up real hard while a friend wiggled the door back n forth 4 to 5 inches. It took a minute but it came off, went back on real easy

·
Registered
60 Posts
mines a 98 and the doors had never been off till this summer
sprayed the hinges with pb blaster for a couple days then used the
ol wiggle and lift method and got them off....took a bit of muscle but they
came off...once off took the dremel to the pin on the door and now they
slide on and off like butter

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a real problem with mine too. After spraying with WD-40 and silicone spray for a few days, I leaned against the door opening with my leg under the open door. While lifting with my leg and arms straight up on the door, a friend tapped the bottom of the pin with a hammer. Both doors popped off. The pins will get greased before the full doors go on for the winter.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
use a 2x4 as a wedge bottom of door and door opening. gently pry up with board and unless you have other issues, comes right up and doesn't mark anything up

·
Registered
25 Posts
I positioned my leg under the door and used my leg to push up while wiggling.... Watch out when it "pops" out...

·
Registered
901 Posts
When putting them back on coat the pins with some white lithium grease, it'll make re-install and removal a lot easier in the future.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I pulled my full doors a few days ago. Lube the hinges. One came right off, the other needed a little persuasion with a floor jack and a 4x4 block. Be careful using a jack. You can really tear something up. Roll the window DOWN. Get someone to help you. When the door broke free it popped 2 feet in the air. Luckily my son was there to catch it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
While flushing radiator and waiting for it to cool I decided to work on door. Didn't pick up a 2x4 so used two jacks. Held door with one hand and jacked with other. Got it to pop up. Now once done with radiator off to orielys to get some grease.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh and need a user guide on how to get to the jack lol. That was the hardest part so far today lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts