Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant start a classified wanted, so I'll ask where I can find a door strap loop bracket. The stealership actually said it was a no go. I seached on here, but no go... Maybe it's called something else? Thats what Id call it..

ANy ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
which bracket? door side or tub side?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll check my doors tomorrow. If they're still on there, you can have em.

Thanks all..

And THANKS P, Id love that. lmk man.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Anyone have suggestions on what to do if the bracket that the strap attaches to on the door is ripped out of the holes?

As is, the driver's door opens without restriction, so it kisses the fender if you don't grab the door before it opens fully. I don't like it.

And I don't wanna hear "pull the door off" cuz I'm not riding doorless in Wisconsin winters. :D

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Anyone have suggestions on what to do if the bracket that the strap attaches to on the door is ripped out of the holes?
Drill new holes next to the old holes. Or just use a larger diameter screw in the old holes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was considering that, but if it ripped out once it could do it again. Sadly we don't know what happened as we got the truck like this.

I'm thinking about maybe welding a new piece in place and mounting the bracket to that. Anyone have thoughts? Good idea? Bad? Start my own thread?:hijacked:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i put washers inside the door and used nuts and bolts to secure the brackets.

·
Registered
108 Posts

As is, the driver's door opens without restriction, so it kisses the fender if you don't grab the door before it opens fully. I don't like it.

And I don't wanna hear "pull the door off" cuz I'm not riding doorless in Wisconsin winters. :D
My doors, they installed Rivnuts. These are easy to install and you can use a fine thread screw that will have more holding ability.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts