Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out wheeling in our brand new '14 2dr sport, I noticed 'door' on the display under the tach. We stopped to collect some rocks or something, I opened each door and each time the courtesy light went on and off appropriately. Tailgate the same, considering the courtesy light goes off as per normal, I think that would indicate the doors are indeed fully shut..

However 'door' kept showing on the display. Out of curiosity I pressed the button to cycle the display to "trip a" and 'door' went away and didn't come back... until much later.

I've seen it do this somewhat randomly. So far I'm stumped.

I tried searching here and didn't find anything on this specific situation, I disconnected/reconnected all of the door connections and that didn't seem to change anything. Haven't put in any dielectric grease yet but will next time I'm monkeying around.

·
Registered
509 Posts
What happens if you leave the door harnesses disconnected? May be a problem with one of the switches in one of the doors. Try to connect one door at a time, and see if the problem stops or persists. If it persists with just one door, there may be your trouble.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't tried that, however if it was a problem with a switch wouldn't the courtesy light either not go on or stay on all the time? Or do the door switches have separate poles for courtesy light vs. door warning?

Next time it happens I'll pull door wiring one at a time until it goes away (if it does), might be useful data.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It would be good information if you have to take it in to be fixed. I'm not sure about the switches...there are two wires in the door, so logic would dictate that there be just one set of contacts. However, I don't know that for sure. It may be that the door itself is a ground, and the two wires represent two different poles in a switch. Maybe someone on the forum has schematics for this system??

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As this is intermittent, might be difficult to track down. I'll just have to keep 'pluggin' at the problem ;-)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Did you have any luck with this? I'm now having the EXACT same problem. Haven't tried pulling anything yet, but I can't seem to find the mechanism that tells the "door" light to come on...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the same on my 14 2dr Sport S......took to my stealership and they diagnosed a bad Cluster Gauge.....took a F'in month to get a new one in???

·
Commercial Member
125 Posts
My 14 does this as well, BUT only in 4hi or 4Lo, in 2wd it works properly. For some reason randomly in 4wd the cluster locks up, the temp won't change, the lcd sticks on door and if I reset it to display mileage it doesn't count up with the miles. A engine restart or going back to 2wd fixes it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Any other information on this, having this same issues only restart with the doors close fix it. Trying to avoid dealership, but I still have a few months and mile left on the bumper to bumper

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have found that if my TPMS light is on and I leave the Jeep on then open and close the door, the DOOR warning stays on after the door is shut. It can be cleared with the dash button, but it pops on and stays on any time the door gets opened while the jeep is on.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have found that if my TPMS light is on and I leave the Jeep on then open and close the door, the DOOR warning stays on after the door is shut. It can be cleared with the dash button, but it pops on and stays on any time the door gets opened while the jeep is on.
Pretty sure this was the problem. Had to remove air out in order to install balance beads, and after refilling with air didn't go on any long drives until yesterday. So the TPMS low tire pressure was on. Once the warning went away can keep any door open for any amount of time and the door warning will go off. That still wired combo, wonder why the two are connected???

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Pretty sure this was the problem. Had to remove air out in order to install balance beads, and after refilling with air didn't go on any long drives until yesterday. So the TPMS low tire pressure was on. Once the warning went away can keep any door open for any amount of time and the door warning will go off. That still wired combo, wonder why the two are connected???
I cannot for the life of me figure out how they are connected. The only theory I've come up with is maybe it has to do with the EVIC itself, rather than being connected directly to the TPMS or DOOR warning systems... :pullinghair:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts