Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I was wiring up some switches last week I attempted to disconnect the door tether and wiring harness so I could get the door to stay out of my way only to find the wiring harness won't disconnect. I had my doors on and off a lot last summer and it was always very easy. I checked all 3 others and that is still the case except for the drivers side. I got really distracted and spent alot of time trying to get it undone even using a pair of pliers on both sides to no avail.

Has anyone ever run into this before? Any tricks getting it unstuck?

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
So as I was wiring up some switches last week I attempted to disconnect the door tether and wiring harness so I could get the door to stay out of my way only to find the wiring harness won't disconnect. I had my doors on and off a lot last summer and it was always very easy. I checked all 3 others and that is still the case except for the drivers side. I got really distracted and spent alot of time trying to get it undone even using a pair of pliers on both sides to no avail.

Has anyone ever run into this before? Any tricks getting it unstuck?
Aside from just pushing the button to release the harness, I believe there is ALSO a mechanism to lock the harness into place, try checking Youtube to see what I am talking about, I will take a quick look as well.

Try to take a good look at the ones you already have off, there should be clips on the side that will lock the harness into place (prior to pressing the tab in the middle to "unbuckle" the harness).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Subscribing in case someone has a good solution. I took my doors off a lot last year and had no problems, but lately my passenger side front door harness has been a pain to get out. I'm afraid to break it, but I've just been pushing the middle button and yanking it until it comes out. The other three come right out with a slight pull.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Do you see the orange slider in pic below? That locks/unlocks harness try moving it before depressing tab to pull out harness.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I checked again last night all the tabs are definitely in the right position can't seem to figure out how its so stuck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts