Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I just got my jku and I tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

When you run doorless and no soft top, do you take the door surrounds off or leave em on??

I really don't know what's the "right" thing to do....

Advice??

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hey y'all! I just got my jku and I tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

When you run doorless and no soft top, do you take the door surrounds off or leave em on??

I really don't know what's the "right" thing to do....

Advice??
Pull them off

·
Registered
509 Posts
I leave mine on if the soft top is laid across the back. I will do that if there is a chance of rain and I want to cover most of it up. However, if I take the top completely off the Jeep, the surrounds stay in the garage. Of course, you could take them off and carry them with you if you leave the top stored across the back and think that you might need them to cover up a bit.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
What foolproof said. I take the surrounds off if my top is folded back then toss them in the back in case an unexpected shower comes along. In upstate NY I don't dare remove the top entirely due to the erratic weather we have, especially living a couple miles from lake Ontario.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I keep the surrounds on and have even considered painting them bright metallic silver to match the B-pillar.

The B-pillar on a JKU just makes the Jeep look weird without the door surrounds.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I prefer the look with the door surrounds off, but since I live in Florida and unexpected rain can be expected, I leave them on so I can put up the soft top if there is an emergency.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts