Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my doors off for the first time today. Thought I'd share some pics and show my storage plan.

The hardware on the wall is from Kobalt. They're called K-Rails, I think. rated to support 75lbs per foot. And, they're affordable, compared to other options marketed directly at Jeep owners. $40.00 for all the hardware. Just make sure you get em on the studs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just did this wednesday, also for the 1st time! Why did I wait 3 weeks?! My storage is a tad different, though. I am all out of wall space, yard tools, work benches etc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just did this wednesday, also for the 1st time! Why did I wait 3 weeks?! My storage is a tad different, though. I am all out of wall space, yard tools, work benches etc.
That's actually a pretty sweet setup. If I had 4 doors, I'd probably do something similar.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I took mine off a couple weeks ago, sadly though I don't have storage for them, so they had to go back on :banghead:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Yeah working on that. Just ordered a cart to store it on. Once that thing gets here. BOOM!! Freedom town. Population me.
Just set it on two 2x4's, or the garage floor. I wouldn't let waiting on a special cart stop me from taking the top off...

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
You make too much sense when you talk like that. Be careful.
Haha! Seriously, taking the hard top off is no big deal. With an extra set of hands, you can have it done in less than 10 minutes... 5 if you're in a hurry. Be careful though, taking your hard top off without special rigging and hippie gear may cause increased facial hair, the urge to chop firewood, calluses on your hands, and normalization of testosterone levels. It's not something to take lightly

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha! Seriously, taking the hard top off is no big deal. With an extra set of hands, you can have it done in less than 10 minutes... 5 if you're in a hurry. Be careful though, taking your hard top off without special rigging and hippie gear may cause increased facial hair, the urge to chop firewood, calluses on your hands, and normalization of testosterone levels. It's not something to take lightly
With great facial hair, comes great responsibility.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Lol ^^

Fwiw, mine sit on the concrete floor in the garage. City life = less garage space, esp. with a dually and an SUV stuffed in there, so the rails are an awesome idea for my situation. Lately though, it's all rain at around 100-105 degrees :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually found a guy who makes wooden dolly/carts with padding and a rear hatch retainer, on eBay. He's selling the whole setup for $120. That's what I went with. I'd be willing to just set it on the garage floor. But, I want it to be vertical, to save space. Garage space is at a premium with a jeep and a motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts