Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 sahara and my full doors keep getting stolen. Is there a way to lock them on to the frame or some kind of locking device for the hinge? Please HELP.

:mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think there is a locking device for the doors check out Quadratec or 4WD.com. Never heard of someone stealing the damn doors, thats just wrong

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes there is locking hardware for doors, hoods etc etc like Rubojeep said just check around.
My Mom/Stepdad live in PA and a jeep dealer near them was hit a couple times for the same thing.

New doors a shotgun and a few good nights sleep in your jeep may cure the problem also.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
I know of people that disconnect the locking mechanism from the "switch" on the inside as well, so you have to use a key to lock/unlock the doors all the time. that way if you lock your doors, they can't reach in and ulock them to steal them. (Personally, I leave mine unlocked all the time because with a soft top, people tend to break in more around here if they are locked :mad: )

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Yeah, that's some BS. I guess people have realized those things are worth some money. It just pisses me off to think that someone is stealing off of your jeep to put something on their own jeep. So I hope at least they are selling them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jerry94129 said:
I have a 97 sahara and my full doors keep getting stolen. Is there a way to lock them on to the frame or some kind of locking device for the hinge? Please HELP.

:mad:

Thats crazy! I heard of people gettin thier stereo systems and CD's stolen but not DOORS?!? Thats gotta B costin ya!? Sorry to hear it!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I bought a set of locks on ebay. The tuffy thing looked too large!
This is a small "cup" that fits over a special sized aircraft nut. It takes
a special device like a mag wheel lug nut key to remove the nuts.

Without the tool, the doors wont come off. Want to say I spent
less than $16 for them. The guy was upper_bound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To the person in the easy bay, the doors were stolen at the sutter stockton garage, 2 or 3 blocks north of union square. They also took a few parts of the rug and other little things.

·
Registered
122 Posts
dude, that really sucks. someone steals the doors of my jeep, i'm walkin around with a shotgun till i find the fu*ker!!!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Why steal a $200.00 stereo when you you can get $2000.00 Doors :) The fact that it has taken thieves this long to catch on to that only proves thier lack of smarts :)

Scoob

Or we can get the new anti-theft system like the chevy's have and not have to worry about it anymore. Only problem being it would only work on jeep with the insta-trunk installed :)

Chevy Anti Theft System

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Scoob said:
Why steal a $200.00 stereo when you you can get $2000.00 Doors :) The fact that it has taken thieves this long to catch on to that only proves thier lack of smarts :)

Scoob

Or we can get the new anti-theft system like the chevy's have and not have to worry about it anymore. Only problem being it would only work on jeep with the insta-trunk installed :)

Chevy Anti Theft System
That's great!!! :D :D We could just train them to hide behind the rear seat, wouldn't need an instatrunk that way!

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey, i was giving this some thought after looking at some of the nuts you can put on the doors....i dont really see how they would stop anybody who really wanted your door.....heres my idea! get a couple of thick chains and cut them to length so they wrap around your door (full hard doors only) and your roll bar and then pad lock them. summary: 2 thick chains- 2 pad locks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
p.s. you might want to pad down the chains so they dont rub on any painted surfaces......might want to find something similar to your roll bar padding. that woulod work awesome!

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Dude! Talk about raising the dead.. Look at the posts before your two.. On that note WELCOME TO WF

1 - 20 of 24 Posts