Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one , I have had cherokees in the past but know I own a wrangler. I would like to know how you deal with the dome light when the doors are off. The dealership says that it will go off in about twenty min. but it doesn't. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it. Right now I'm using duct tape. Any ideas would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
pop the pushpins out.. the part you have duct taped.. and you should be able to unplug them..

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Or simply open up your glove box, and remove it...then crab the bottom fuse, on the right hand side. That will turn your light off. I find that to be the easiest fix. Just replace the fuse, when you put your doors back on, for some interior lighting.

By the way, welcome to the WF!!!!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
#4 fuse in the panel. Lights still come on when you shut off the jeep and you still have dome lights on the switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks everybody that helps. I think I'll get those clips, but untill they show up the fuse is the way to go. scott

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
I just unplugged the switch. Can still turn on the dome light manually with the panel dimmer switch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
just look right behind the lil sensor switch on the door and unplug it

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Darn, I did it again. Sorry about the fuse response. Don't have that problem on my YJ. You would think that I would look at the category, before making a responce. Glad you caught that, GJ. Unless he has a TJ, and posted it in the wrong section.......:D:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts