Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

If I want to take my doors off, how do I turn the interior lights off, so my battery doesny drain or I look like an idiot driving around at night all lit up... or do they turn off after awhile. Hope someone can help some light on this for me... light get it!!! Crack myself up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
trismegistus137 said:
Hey All,

If I want to take my doors off, how do I turn the interior lights off, so my battery doesny drain or I look like an idiot driving around at night all lit up... or do they turn off after awhile. Hope someone can help some light on this for me... light get it!!! Crack myself up!
Take out the fuse. I think it is #4

·
Knows a couple things...
49,715 Posts
Yep, pull fuse #4 behind the glove box. What pulling that fuse does is it disables the door switches that turn the light on when the doors are open or off. Pulling that fuse does not totally disable the interior lights, they can still be turned on & off by rotating the dashlight dimmer control until it clicks.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,715 Posts
Try using the search feature on this site next time. You would have gotten your answer much quicker.
Nearly every question that gets asked could eventually get answered by using the Search function. If everyone did that, there wouldn't be much purpose of having real people active here. :)

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
jherrington said:
Try using the search feature on this site next time. You would have gotten your answer much quicker.
Yea because I'm sure you used the search functions before starting all of your threads :thumb:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Yea because I'm sure you used the search functions before starting all of your threads :thumb:
I do! hahaha:doh: at least i try to really hard. But sometimes I can never find the definite answer. I really hate starting new threads.
But welcome to the forum!:wavey:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Note that when you pull fuse #4, you also lose the chime that tells you your lights are on and the ignition is off.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
On the Fuse itself I made a "duct tape pull tab" to make it super simple to reach in and pull. Then I throw the fuse in the ashtray and the tape make is easy to find again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts