Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching for an answer, but don't seem to find it?? :confused:

I'm gonna take my doors off and run totally naked. I saw the mirror relocation kit, but I'd rather not do that. What have you guys done to stay legal?? I saw some mirrors on a pipe made to fit in the door hinges somewhere a while back.

Could anyone of you lead me in the right path, or some tips/advices?? I'd appreciate pictures of them on yours, if you're able.

Thanks!! :drinks::drinks:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm looking at these:
American Outlaw Black Mirrors $132/pair.

image-3721423886.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Side vent mirror mod. I bought them from Walmart for like $3. The mirrors double as an extra interior mirror as well and when you don't need them.....just turn the vent around.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A Pillar mirrors

I dropped the quick detach mirrors on my rig. I leave them on 24/7 and removed the factory door mirrors, but you don't have to do that. you can install the brackets and then when you toke the doors off just install the mirrors. This setup works well for me..

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I made some out of large convex mirrors and eye bolts. Just drop them in the hinge and righted down with wing nuts. I think total cost was $20-$30. Found the idea on another forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used the Rigged Ridge Quick Release Mirrors (Amazon link)

I do have some whistling issues from the driver side mirror, but overall I'm happy with them. I really like that the brackets stay mounted and all I have to do is screw in the mirrors when I run doorless. I can go doorless and legal in under 5 minutes.

·
Registered
592 Posts

I do have some whistling issues from the driver side mirror, but overall I'm happy with them. I really like that the brackets stay mounted and all I have to do is screw in the mirrors when I run doorless. I can go doorless and legal in under 5 minutes.
I leave them on with the half doors as well, the mirrors can stay on the full doors that way. Also I replace the passenger mirror with a convex one from some autoparts store.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Harley Mirrors. Inexpensive, very well made. Will move them to A pillar this season.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm looking at these: American Outlaw Black Mirrors $132/pair.
So I did in fact order these. My impressions are:
1. They look great!
2. I couldn't get the set screw to fit so I took my belt sander out and took off about half of the plastic tip and now it works perfect.
3. Driving highway speed with these on I find that they bounce around a lot but they get the job done, just make sure you tighten the screw down as much as you are comfortable doing.
4. They are easy to put on and adjust.
Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend.

·
Nature Photog and Jeeper
2,981 Posts

Just ordered a set of these myself (they'll be here today)

·
Registered
750 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
So I did in fact order these. My impressions are:

2. I couldn't get the set screw to fit so I took my belt sander out and took off about half of the plastic tip and now it works perfect.
3. Driving highway speed with these on I find that they bounce around a lot but they get the job done, just make sure you tighten the screw down as much as you are comfortable doing.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend.
Wow! I wish my customers were as laid back as you! 2 out of your 4 criteria are basically a big suck, and you're happy! I need to get into the Jeep Mirror business. ;)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bought a couple of bicycle mirrors.
Added a couple coupler nuts, bolts & lock washers.
Under $24 total for both.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts