Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some feedback if anyone has any to share.

Driving from Monmouth County, NJ to Bath, Pennsylvania. Route is as follows NJ Parkway - Route 287 - Route 78 - Route 33.

Weather is supposed to be great so I was thinking of driving naked - doors off.

I've never been pulled over for driving in NJ for not having my doors on so don't think that will be an issue but wasn't sure if I'd run into any issues in PA?

I remember seeing something about PA having different laws.

I just don't want to be hassled or get a ticket...

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
While technically illegal in PA, I doubt any police officer would bother you. Well, unless you are doing something else illegal (90+ mph on 78 or 33), and that is what grabs their attention. I would make sure you use the EZ Pass lane on Rt78 just so that you don't have to deal with an offical person face-to-face.

Along those lines, don't give a PA officer the middle finger solute. :flipoff:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in the Lehigh Valley area and I myself haven't taken my doors off but I see a lot of fellow wranglers with doors off every nice weekend.

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,071 Posts
Been doorless all over the Philly area without issue. Made quite a few trips from Philly to Allentown last summer without being hassled. I think there were some Facebook postings from the Wilkes-Barre Police that basically said they weren't tolerating doorless Jeeps. I don't go that far North so I never bothered to care.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! Thanks for the feedback all.
Looks like I'll be driving doorless this weekend!!

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
217 Posts
ive done that exact drive... going to Blue Mtn. id just make sure to have side mirrors on. ive been pulled over for that before. Btw i live in Asbury Park

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't think they can ticket you for it since it's legal in NJ where you are registered. It's impossible to enforce a state law like that in another state. It's the same with window tints and things like that. It's legal to have tint in PA, but not NJ. Can they pull you over for it in NJ? Sure can, but they can't necessarily ticket you. With tints, they're more concerned with not being able to see in the car anyway. With your Jeep, they can see everything. If they pull you over, that will just be their excuse to pull you over while they check your reg/license.

At least that's what I hear from local PDs by me....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Lehigh Valley/Allentown resident also, tons of Wranglers without doors cruising around. Seat belts and side mirrors for sure. Watch your speed in our neck of the woods, make sure you follow the speed limits posted. The PoPo (police) watch limits very close in small towns like Bath.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Lehigh Valley/Allentown resident also, tons of Wranglers without doors cruising around.
I feel the need to warn about a dude in a "naked" red JKU in the area. Could be the poster child as a perp of road rage.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No issues over the weekend. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts